• If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • Buried in cloud files? We can help with Spring cleaning!

    Whether you use Dropbox, Drive, G-Suite, OneDrive, Gmail, Slack, Notion, or all of the above, Dokkio will organize your files for you. Try Dokkio (from the makers of PBworks) for free today.

  • Dokkio (from the makers of PBworks) was #2 on Product Hunt! Check out what people are saying by clicking here.

View
 

2008-11-06-board-meeting-notes

Page history last edited by Chris Messina 13 years, 5 months ago

Present:

  • Mike Jones
  • Martin Atkins
  • Scott Kveton
  • Dick Hardt

Handover From Bill

The executive committee discussed how to handle handover of documentation and work from Bill.

Dick agreed to implement a disaster recovery plan of obtaining passwords and bank account numbers and to escrow those somewhere.

The executive committee also noted that it'll need to do handover of:

  • Passwords for bank account
  • Bank account numbers (Scott can sign on the account.)
  • Relationship with accounting people
  • Checks
  • Existing Paperwork/Financials
  • Reaching out to 100-or-so people that started to join but didn't complete because we couldn't accept payment. Letting them know that they can join now and that there'll be an election soon. Martin noted that he has access to a list that was at least up-to-date in August.
  • Archive of Bill's email?
  • Status of contract, payment and so on for the membership and voting system with RefreshMedia. Scott already knows these folks and will make contact.

General Business

Finance

The finance reports were sent out to the board mailing list as planned.

Dick agreed to write up a basic budget in time for the board meeting at IIW but noted that we also need a revenue plan.

It was agreed that while there is at least a few months slack for the new ED to get revenue coming in, we need to be clear to the candidates about the situation.

Dick will circulate the initial budget on board mailing list prior to the meeting on Monday in the hope that it can be approved there.

Election update

Mike has been working with RefreshMedia to refine the voting system and to start testing. Mike reported that there was a successful test election with a small group from which there was some feedback sent back to the contractors. Mike also reported that he plans to do a test "favorite colors" poll in a few days with the full membership to test the system and make sure all members can log in and vote.

After that we ought to be able to have membership votes about such things as working groups.

It was noted that the plan was to use the runners up as a pool from which to draw interim community board members, and so Mike agreed to check with the contractors that the data about runners-up would be available in the voting system.

There was also a question about whether the voting system can be used for voting on motions by board/committee members, which Mike believed to be the case.

openidfoundation.org

The foundation was contacted by the holder of the domain openidfoundation.org to see if the Foundation would like to take it over.

Scott agreed to sort out a registrar account for the Foundation, to take ownership of this new domain along with oidf.org and openid.net.

It was also noted that the access details for this should be part of the disaster recovery plan.

Hiring Committee

Scott reported that two ED candidate interviews had been scheduled for Monday morning at Internet Identity Workshop.

Process:

  • Interviewing candidates on Monday
  • Will have some discussion at a Board level. Small group who have interviewed would have a recommendation.
  • Make a "hiring decision committee" to own this.
  • Board votes on this recommendation.
  • If we select one, Dick will negotiate a contract.
  • By about 2pm on Monday we should have interviewed both candidates.
  • Hiring committee could then meet on Tue to come up with a recommendation. Compose a note to the board list about that.
  • Meet on Wednesday for discussion and vote of whole board.

Dick and Mike will join the hiring committee to be part of the interview process.

Agenda for Face-to-face Board Meeting

  • Budget
  • Election procedures
  • Expanding the board
  • Decide whether to add community members and decide whether to immediately invite certain companies to join the board.
  • Election process
  • Election timing

The idea was raised of removing the membership drive dependency on the elections so that the elections can get underway.

Martin agreed to produce a membership report.

Dick agreed to produce a draft budget.

Brian would be invited to the meeting to lead a customer research committee report.

It was agreed that committee chairs giving reports would be invited to the meeting.

Adding Additional Board Members

Motion 1: Executive committee will recommend to the board that we invite the two prospective corporate board members to join the board and add Brian and Snorri as interim community board members as soon as possible.

Proposed by Scott. Seconded by Mike. Passed unanimously.

This will be discussed further at the face-to-face board meeting.

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.